July 30, 2015

Summer goodness :)


Our front garden!


Fledgling woodpecker, sweet little guy.


St. John's Wort, picked from the wild and drying before being made into tincture.


Swimming in the lake!


Matilda loves being brushed :)


One of the boys' favourite daily activities; playing with the quails!


Fire Quail to the rescue!


We had a huge load of wood delivered; enough for a couple winters' worth of firewood.
We also have lots of hay in the barn. 

Firewood and hay - with those two things stacked and ready, we can relax a little.


An old bucket that we found buried deep in the pasture, and a poppy :)


The flower gardens make me SO happy :)


^___^


The main vegetable garden, plus my wonderful sheep :)


My old bike that I rode through the city streets during my art school years.


Drying sage, bee balm and calendula flowers on the drying rack.


At their request, I sewed each of the boys a medicine bag, and we took a long walk and collected nature things to help them be healers.


The summer has been very busy as we continue to build - and tend the gardens, care for the animals and such. In less than two weeks, I will be participating in the local artists' studio tour! I am working on some new artwork that I can share and sell. It has been very fun to gear for a studio tour (my first!). I hope it will be a wonderful experience :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters