December 3, 2009

Jude + Gnomey

Jude loves his gnomey. That's what the Basil gnome has come to be known as (-:
Jude smiles at him and kisses him ~
It brings me endless joy to watch him play with toys I have made..



The other pillow was initially given to Jason for his birthday two years ago.
It is much happier now that Jude has arrived, for he quite likes him,
and the tree bear that accompanied the 'soft rock'.
Jude is napping as I scramble to type down a few words here..Christmas music is playing
softly and there is orange~jasmine incence burning. Lovely smell. Lovely sound.
As the days zoom forward towards Christmas, I am warmed by the thoughts of my family,
so far away in Eastern Canada in their cold, snowy, glorious world...and I cannot say
just how joyous I am at the prospect of celebrating with them next year (-:
When I lived there and had a sunflower garden in front of the house, we would leave the
dried, exhausted giant 'Russian sunflower' stalks up and place winter hats upon their heads
to protect them from the snow, and sometimes a scarf..
I try to live in my moments as they come, but the bittersweet emotion of memory is so very
powerful at this time of year. I realize that my own dear children are gathering their own
memories, just as I have done, and I feel the importance of my role as memory-giver.

^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters