August 19, 2009

Rag Rug Fever

So Jason and I have endeavoured to make a rag rug. It happens to be quite a project! A short bit ago I actually won a book from a blog - (Sew Liberated,, Thanks Meg!) givaway and I love it - "Handmade Home" by Amanda Blake Soule. Jason dove right into the project, cutting hundreds of fabric strips. Next, I sewed them together, creating three large spools of fabric. Isabella helped too - I taught her to use the sewing machine and she happens to be a complete natural but of course I'm not surprised (-: and here, as you can see, baby Jude too has been a part of the process (-: Jason is ironing the spools as I write this, pressing the outside edges in and creating what looks like really lovely, really wide bias tape. He should be finished the third spool by tomorrow. I'll braid the three spools of fabric and then lace them together.I love the thought of a home where almost everything inside has been handmade.
I can't wait to see our rug finished (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters