October 9, 2010

Giving Thanks

It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. The last four years I was unable to share the holiday with my family, being so very far away in sunny California. I am grateful, more than anything, for our shared moments now. I am also immensely grateful for the laughter of my children which is so beautiful that it brings tears to my eyes, for the wild, leaf-smelling wind that blows around our home, for all of our sweet pets and their unconditional love and acceptance, for hot tea, belly-laughs, sunsets, campfires, velvety horse noses, snowmen, butter tarts and hugs. There are so many things to be grateful for. Honestly, I could sit and type away all night,, My heart sings of its gratitude ~ just to be alive and present in this beauitful world is such a gift.

I love this video. Very simple, beautiful and profound. Perfect for a day that is today (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters