November 15, 2011

snippets of our new home (:


Trinkets


Something I brought from Oakland (:


My favourite place to sit when the fire is going


Our ceiling (and the absolutely awesome baby hammock gifted to me off freecycle)


Jason's birthday present ~ a wooden owl mask (:


Blessing above all blessings


Happy fridge art


What I look at while eating breakfast


woven newspaper baskets I made years ago


Glorious maple wood ~ ready for the woodstove this coming winter


Hanging in wait of chilly weather


Jude's 'inside' tricycle


Cutie pie (:


I try to put just about everthing in a basket. I love baskets, probably too much (-;

I love our new home so much. We have been here a month now and yet it feels like we have always been here in some deep-rooted way. Even the land speaks to me of my belonging here, of my connection to this place. I cannot wait to make the outdoors pretty, as it has been basically sitting in wait for about 10 years. Renters have come and gone but no one has tended it in the way it deserves. A treasure. A hidden one, as my Mom declared upon first visiting. For now, as I gently ready for the birth of my third babe, I am in bliss.

^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters