February 16, 2011

I love the library


I LOVE the library. When Isabella was small we used to take out at least 50 books each week, and sometimes twice a week. Those were fun times (: We would get them home and she would want me to read them all, one after the other after the other. I tried my best to oblige her but usually ran out of steam by book # 30. (: I don't get a huge amount of time to indulge in reading, but I manage to squeeze bits out of my day, such as the moments when I am nursing Jude to sleep in the late morning and for 10 minutes before bed. I love to read. This pile of books here I checked out of the library three weeks ago and hardly touched. Well, that's not true ~ I did look through the crafty ones, and Isabella started a sewing project from the Cute Stuff book, but the rest have been pretty much patiently awaiting my attention. So I renewed them. ^__^
Jude is really loving the children's books now that he's the ripe old age of 19 and a half months! I love that he'll sit quietly on my lap and share a story as I LOVE to read children's books. Especially out loud. I never knew this about myself until I had Isabella, and when she grew up and started reading her own novels I was saddened greatly at the end of our shared reading era...I still have her favourite toddler-aged books but Jude has his own favourites, namely anything by Todd Parr and the 'David' Books (written by David Shannon).  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters