November 6, 2013

Golden Eagle on our land




This magnificent bird came to our homestead yesterday and ate one of our hens. He is a golden eagle, a rarity, and also considered endangered. He allowed me to take pictures of him. It was dusk unfortunately so the pictures do not do him justice. He was huge, and he flew from the tree in this photo, swooped over me and landed in another tree, one that faces our main living space, so that everyone could peer out and get a good look at him. 
I consider a visiting eagle an amazing gift, but I hope he intends to carry on his journey soon.
The chickens are all locked up today, and will be for another few days. 
I saw him first thing this morning in the tree overlooking our living room and heard his screeching deep in the woods today so I know he is staying near for another delicious chicken meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters