March 8, 2010

thoughts. random. (:

I am listening to Antonín Dvořák's 'Song to the Moon' while Jude sleeps on the couch nearby; Our day was lovely, spent alomst entirely out-of doors (: I had pleasant errands to run; a trip to the pharmacy to buy some envelopes, the post office, the health food store for seaweed and tea, the bank for much-needed laundry quarters...Upon our arrival home, Jude was peacefully napping in the moby and so I took the opportunity to call my Mom; We talked for over two hours. I love my Mom so much, and I cannot tell you just how terribly I miss her each and every day. I took her and Jude onto the patio, where the doves, chickadees and finches visited us (: When he finally awoke, Jude played with the 'outside broom' for a great while, trying his best to sweep the ground, and then we came inside to play with robot blocks (:
This is my favourite song right now ~ 'Spiegel im Spiegel' by Arvo Pärt ~ So pretty! It makes me cry. Yes. I have tears in my eyes right now because it is playing. Beautiful. Here is a little bio on him from last.fm:
"Arvo Pärt (born 11 September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia) is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism and more specifically, that of “holy minimalism” or “sacred minimalism”. He is considered a pioneer of this style, along with contemporaries Henryk Górecki and John Tavener."
Anyway, I am all over the place..Life is good. I suppose that is the underlying theme of my blog today (: A good one methinks.. Jason and Isabella should be walking through the door any minute and I am only just having my lunch now ~ I have been so busy-busy, I forgot about my stomach. I did drink three cups of tea though. I do love tea (:
I hope your Monday has been lovely (: Our weekend was rather eventful..I shall post about it in the morrow!
~ Arvo Pärt ~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing bits of your lovely day. I shall be hunting down some Dvorak at the library today, me thinks...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters