September 4, 2011

Jude in the grass


(taken by my sis on her iphone)

I'm not nearly cool enough to have an iphone (-; In fact, I don't even have a cell phone!

At any rate, Jude loves the out-of-doors. He rolls in the grass giggling and tries to fall down on purpose. He's a funny little lad (: I'm so glad he is a nature-lover.

At this very moment it's past 4:30 am and I have not yet gone to sleep for the night. Jude had initially gone to bed at 9 but woke up at midnight and decided to stay up and party all night, mostly with his toy motorcycle. I am not at all pleased. Especially since he woke up at 4 am yesterday morning after getting insufficient sleep and then refused to nap all day. I have no idea what is going on with him but I am pretty sure I am going to go crazy. I can make it for three nights without enough sleep but once that fourth night comes I am a wreck, grouchily zombie-ish and utterly  miserable. I have actually been awake for 24 hours now.

Oh well. That's motherhood  for you (:

On a positive note, I'm nearly finished Jude's knitted pilot cap. In a moment lacking wisdom I pulled it out and started knitting like a madwoman (I do believe it was about 3 am this morning). I thought to myself, "If I haveto be awake at this dreadful hour, then I may as well treat myself to some knitting." That was a bad idea. I messed up somehow in my exhausted stupor and will haveto pull out a bunch and start over halfway through the project. I don't really mind so much. Just the act of knitting is so cathartic that it made it worth it. sort of.

Well, I'll be darned. The little angel has finally passed out and it's only a quarter to five in the morning! I guess I'll get us tucked into bed before the sun makes it's appearance after all.

^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters