February 12, 2010

Valentine's day preparations!

Valentine's day naver goes by unnoticed around here. I don't know what it is about this day, this holiday, that so tickles me, but for some reason I find myself feeling extra-creative, and wild about sewing and felt and drawing.. Isabella loves it because of 'all the candy'. This is because of her school experiences; Usually Valentine's day parties involving cupcakes, lollipops and candies. Of course there is still the traditional exchange of Valentines, of which we always make our own ~ We are a dying breed in the modern-day school system, sadly ~ but that's ok. It's fun. This year Isabella and I made some potato-print Valentines on heart-shaped cutouts but they didn't turn out nearly as pretty as we would have liked, so we resorted to Plan B, which was origami. Jason had the great idea to make Valentine lips for her 29 classmates, which we created together yesterday evening, in a plethora of colours. Jude and I made some secret Valentines of our own too, involving his foot and a big red ink pad (:

Happy Valentine's day!

^_^

4 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I have a blog also obviously and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

    I mostly post about the Southern California experience through the perspective of my art. Maybe you can become my pal, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful blog and make wonderful creations!
    I am glad that I can send you a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings. I'm visiting from the Valentine's Card swap. Your blog is just beautiful. I hope you have a very happy valentine's day. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those red feet! any and all ways to capture tiny toes are fabulous aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
free counters